Full Job Description
Reports to: Staff Veterinarian
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Manages HR at the hospital, supporting creation and maintenance of overall CROW hospital workplace culture, creating a safe, supportive, and pleasant work environment for staff, students, and volunteers. Provide feedback and support to staff, students, and volunteers during daily operations. This includes routine performance evaluations.
- Responsible for staffing the hospital within budget, managing hospital budget, and making sure all employees maintain appropriate credentials, licensing, and continuing education. This includes tracking all reimbursement requests (CE, uniforms, etc, and assisting supervising veterinarians in hiring/onboarding of new team members.
- Order hospital supplies per procedures, ensure paperwork is completed, and incoming supplies are distributed appropriately by the proper personnel. Sends annual letters to vendors that provide discounts/donations (PetAngel, LaFeber, etc).
- Work with technicians to ensure diagnostic samples are shipped appropriately to outside laboratories.
- Maintains up-to-date clinic drug inventory and organizes and submits requisition orders for supplies and equipment
- Purchases, manages, and completes inventory of controlled substances as appropriate in conjunction with the licensed veterinarian(s).
- Tracks and performs routine maintenance on hospital equipment as indicated
- Creates and maintains hospital staff, volunteer, and student program schedule in collaboration with Hospital Training Coordinator
- Assists Admissions Manager in addressing issues related to our partner drop-off clinic sites
- Maintains and updates clinic protocol manuals in collaboration with other managers (policy and procedure manual, first responder manual, patient care manual, volunteer manual, student manual). This includes developing orientation videos for volunteers and students.
- Ensure all USFWS, FWC, and other applicable permits/licenses are kept up-to-date and reports filed on time, in collaboration with the licensed veterinarian.
- Maintains schedule for and coordinates staff vaccinations/titers, and keeps associated records.
- Assists with updating equipment wish list for fundraising, shares these with Development and Staff Vet
- Assists with implementation of disaster preparedness plan in an emergency situation, coordinates off-site temporary housing.
- Hold regular hospital team meetings in collaboration with Staff Vet and Medical/Research Director.
- Provide administrative support for the Staff Vet and Medical/Research Director, coordinate with the VEC, and other duties as assigned.
- Schedule may vary based on operational needs of the hospital (5 days at 8hrs/day in season, or 4 days at 10hrs/day offseason).
Education and/or Work Experience Requirements
A college degree is preferred.
- Prior HR experience is preferred – must have good problem-solving skills and be able to deal with high stress situations.
Preference given to applicants that have or can provide proof of working towards obtaining CVPM certification.
- Knowledge of/or familiarity with the wildlife that is cared for by the clinic is helpful.
- Excellent verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills.
- Knowledge of office equipment and office software systems and presentation software.
- Must be able to work efficiently, accurately, and independently. Must be well-organized.
- Must be able to multi-task and meet deadlines.
- Must be team player with positive attitude and able to provide exemplary customer service.
- Must be able to work cooperatively with co-workers, students, volunteers, and the public.
- Ability to safely and successfully perform the essential job functions consistent with the ADA, FMLA and other federal, state and local standards, including meeting qualitative and/or quantitative productivity standards.
- Ability to maintain regular, punctual attendance consistent with the ADA, FMLA and other federal, state and local standards
- Must be able to talk, listen and speak clearly.
- Required to stand, walk and may have to climb and/or balance. Must frequently lift and/or move up to 35 pounds.
Please send your letter of interest, resume, and three professional references to Dr. Robin Bast, Staff Veterinarian at firstname.lastname@example.org