***COVID-19 Update: The Visitor Education Center is OPEN to the public. As of June 1, 2021, we will be offering Wildlife Walk guided hospital tours and Daily Presentations once a day at 11:00am. Click here for more information.***
Southwest Florida is filled with fascinating wildlife, and CROW provides a unique opportunity to look into wildlife rehabilitation and meet the staff responsible for their care. Wildlife Walks are the best opportunity for visitors to get an in-depth look into the inner workings of our hospital and the treatment process.
The program has two parts: the daily presentation in the Visitor Education Center (topics vary, click here for the schedule of daily presentation topics) and then a guided tour through treatment areas of the hospital, concluding on our rehabilitation grounds.
Wildlife Walks are approximately 1.5 hours: a 45-minute presentation with a 45-minute tour. This program is open to all, but it is not recommended for children under the age of 13.
- $25 per person (*Effective Sept. 5, 2017)
- Payment is required at the time of reservation
- Tours are limited to eight (8) individuals. Reservations are filled on a first paid basis. A reservation is not complete and will not be held until payment has been received.
- Photography opportunity available following tour with some of our Animal Ambassadors
- Closed-toed shoes, sunscreen and water is recommended
- MASKS ARE REQUIRED TO BE WORN AT ALL TIMES
- TOURS ARE SUBJECT TO MODIFICATION OR CANCELLATION BASED ON ANIMALS BEING TREATED IN THE HOSPITAL
Hospital Tour Age Recommendation:
CROW’s hospital tours show guests what it takes for the medical staff to rehabilitate its wildlife patients. Because the patient load fluctuates throughout the year CROW cannot guarantee what species, treatments or staff may be visible at the time of the tour. While on the tour guests may see patients receiving bandage changes, bottle feedings, surgery, physical therapy, etc., however, it is not guaranteed.
Individuals who are uncomfortable with visuals pertaining to an emergency hospital are encouraged to think carefully about reservation. Due to the nature of CROW’s hospital tours, it is recommended that guests are at least 13 years or older.
Our Wildlife Walk program is Gold Level Certified through the Florida Society for Ethical Ecotourism (FL SEE).